- A.B., Princeton University
- M.A., Johns Hopkins University
- Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University
Teaching and Research Interests
- Nineteenth-Century British Literature
- History of the Novel
- Critical Theory
- Corporate Romanticism: Liberalism, Justice, and the Novel. New York: Fordham University Press, 2017.
- Theory Aside, co-edited with Jason Potts. Durham: Duke University Press, 2014.
- “Castes of Exception: Tradition and the Public Sphere in The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner,”English Literary History 77.2 (2010): 535-60.
- “Nothing Personal: The Decapitations of Character in A Tale of Two Cities,”NOVEL 40.4 (2007): 29-52.