Apply to BFA in Creative Writing – Current Students
In order to become a BFA in Creative Writing major, interested current students must apply.
Priority deadline is October 1. Admissions decisions will be communicated by November 1. Following this date faculty will review applications on a rolling basis as space in the program allows.
Students should contact the program director at email@example.com for more information on how becoming a BFA in Creative Writing major may affect time to degree.
To apply, please send email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A copy of your unofficial transcript
- A list of all your completed and in progress college-level English creative writing courses
- Artist Statement: Up to one page (double-spaced) describing your goals for and specific interests in creative writing and why you are interested in being a part of the BFA in Creative Writing program at the University of Mississippi.
- Writing Sample: Five or more pages (double-spaced) of any genre of writing. Sample may include work(s) from one or more of the following genres: fiction; poetry; creative non-fiction, including memoir and journalism; screenwriting and playwriting; graphic prose; lyrics; or other genre.
- Names and contact information for two references