Dustin Parsons is the author of Exploded View: Essays on Fatherhood, with Diagrams. He has previously served as the non-fiction editor of The Mid-American Review. Awards for his writing include an Ohio Arts Grant and a New York Fine Arts grant in creative non-fiction, the 2013 American Literary Review Prize in fiction, the 2014 fiction prize from The Laurel Review and a notable mention in the 2014 Best American Essays. He was awarded a residency fellowship at Wyoming’s Brush Creek Foundation of the Arts and the Vermont Studio Center.
- Exploded View: Essays on Fatherhood, with Diagrams. University of Georgia Press, 2018.
- M.F.A. Fiction: Bowling Green State University (2001)
- M.A. Literature: Kansas State University (1999)
- New York Fine Arts Grant, 2011. Creative Nonfiction
- Ohio Arts Grant, 2005. Creative Nonfiction
- American Literary Review Fiction Award (2013)
- Laurel Review Fiction Award (2014)