- PhD. Bowling Green State University, English (1997)
- M.A. Bowling Green State University, English (1992)
- B.A. University of Tennessee, English (1990)
- “Reading Religion in African American Narratives” in Southern Literary Journal, Fall 2008.
- What the Wine Sellers Buy, Plus Three, Ron Milner. A Review. African American Review (forthcoming).
- “Performing Pedagogies: Transgressing Identity in the African American Literature Classroom.” Radical Teacher (forthcoming).
- “Fighting Words, Patricia Hill Collins: Review.” Women’s Studies International Forum (2000).
- “Listening for God: A Minister’s Journey Through Silence and Self Doubt, Renita Weems. Review Essay.” College Language Association Journal (1999).
eyoungmi at olemiss.edu